Thursday 7 November 2019

Thursday

I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. Tea and toast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and got ready to go to work. It was raining when I left home and was still raining when I left off. First I had to wade up the field to the beetroot where I picked 20 bunches of them and 8 bunches of golden ones. Next I sloshed to the carrots and picked 24 bunches. I also had to pick 16 bunches of purple ones. I got a lift back to the yard on the back of the tractor 🚜 and we washed all my stuff and the parsnips and loose carrots the men did. We packed it all and had our break. After that Andrew went out on a gardening job and Andy and I were given another list of things to do. 18 fennel, 18 celeriac, a Romanesque, and 3 boxes of leeks. We got stuck in the mud so many times on leeks, it made it such hard work! Andy almost lost his wellie! We took it back to the wash pit washed and packed it and it was my home time. As soon as I got home I washed and changed because our daughter, 2 granddaughters and great granddaughter were coming round. H made a fabulous, huge bowl of popcorn and when they arrived H made us all a drink. They have named our great granddaughter well! Her middle name is Joy and she really is. Such a happy baby. When they left we watched tipping point, had a bath and I cooked dinner. We had a huge baked potato each with my mince and fried onion topping and grated cheese. It was very tasty. Now I am going to watch my soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment