Thursday 25 July 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 5. 30, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I watered the pots, packed my lunch, made the bed, dressed, hung out the washing and went to work. My first job was picking the tomatoes. It was hot in the greenhouse but they didn’t take me long to do and I was picking radishes by 9.30. I had to do 21 bunches. Next I joined the men on carrots 🥕 when they were done (8 dozen) the men went for their break and I sat in the field and had mine. I began to pick broad beans and the men joined me. We did 10 boxes and then 10 boxes of rhubarb. After that we picked 54 bunches of spring onions, 18 bunches of golden beetroot and 6 boxes of purple beetroot. It was 1 o’clock then and time for me to go home. I don’t have to work again till Monday. When I got home H made me a coffee. It was so hot outside we both just stayed indoors. Now it’s hot inside too! We had a bbq 🍗 this evening, steak 🥩 burger 🍔 and chicken with salad. The tomatoes were out of our garden and very nice. I don’t think I will be able to sleep tonight! I washed my hair and I have left it wet hanging down my back, it’s lovely and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment