Wednesday 24 July 2019

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.50 and put on a load of washing. I had cream crackers and cheese for breakfast with a cup of tea and a coffee. I hung out the washing when it was done and watered the tomatoes. Today we decided to try out the new roof rack that H bought. It’s 3 big suction cups, 2 for the front of the bike and 1 for the back. We put my bike in the boot and Hs on the rack. We then drove to Holkham and when we arrived the bike was still on the car so the rack worked. It’s quick and easy to use and we just took it off and put it in the boot while we went for a ride. Even at the coast it was unbelievably hot (32 degrees at 10 .30 am) . We left our car and cycled to the coastal path then we went , first to Wells next the sea where we had fish and chips sitting on the wall in the sun and then an ice cream. After that we found the coastal again and carried on. Unfortunately I really didn’t feel well, we rode got about 6 miles and I had drunk all my water plus a can of orange with my chips. I sat in the hay for a while and plucked up courage to tell H I wanted to go back. He didn’t mind, I think he was too hot as well. We went back to Holkham Hall where we had a coffee before driving home again. I told H I will try the path again one day when it’s cooler and we will go further but it’s hard work on the track and I am worn out. I think it’s because I am still not 100% . When we got home we had a bath and a cup of tea. I got my washing in and ate a tomato from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment