Tuesday 23 July 2019

Tuesday.

I got up at 5.20 because I woke up and it was too hot to get back to sleep again! I put on a load of washing and had a slice of toast for breakfast. I watered all my outdoor pots etc and packed my lunch.  I sat and read for a little while and when it was time I dressed packed my lunch and went to work. We began planting straight away and finished at 11.30. It was very hot on the back of the planter! When we had finished Andrew went off on a gardening job and Andy and I picked 62 bunches of beetroot. At 12.30 we went down to the yard to wash and pack them, then we put them in the cold store so they are nice and fresh for tomorrow. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a tea cake for lunch.  It was too hot to sit in the garden (32degrees) so we stayed indoors and watched the Tour de France. When it was over we watched tipping point and I had a shower. For dinner tonight we had meatballs in a tomato sauce and spaghetti. I have to work again on Thursday and the boss said my first job will be picking the tomatoes in the greenhouse! I hope it’s not as hot as today because it wii be awful in there but the forecast isn’t looking very promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment