Wednesday 10 July 2019

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.40 and had a slice of toast with butter for breakfast with a mug of tea. I didn’t have enough washing to make up a load today, a very rare occasion. After breakfast I sat and read my book  till 6.50 then I cleaned my teeth, made the bed, dressed, packed my lunch and watered the tomatoes. I packed my bag and went to work. This morning H went to his Spanish lesson, he had to bike because I had the car 🚘. On his way home he went to the surgery to get an appointment (at last) to try to sort out his dizzy spells. He has a prescription for tablets to help with the sickness he sometimes with it and on Friday he is having a blood test.
When I got to work I had to go with Andy and we pulled up leek plants ready to plant tomorrow. We pulled up a quarter of the bed and we are pulling up the rest on Monday to plant on Tuesday. It took till 10. 20. I then had my break, Andy went down with the plants and I started on bunching carrots. I had done 27 bunches by the time he came back. He had a list of the things we needed, 96 bunches of carrots, 20 bunches of spring onions, 60 bunches of radishes and 70 bunches of beetroot. It was a mad rush, we had to fork all the carrots which was hard work, we were both boiling hot 🥵 and covered in midges. I finished work at 12 minutes past 1. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a choc chip bun and a slice of corned beef. We watched the Tour de France, some of tipping point and I had a shower before cooking dinner. We had fish cakes, jacket potatoes and baked beans. I have to work again tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment