Tuesday 9 July 2019

Tuesday.

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge and had my breakfast. I sat and read my book till H made me a coffee and when I had drunk it I went up and dressed so I could hang out the washing and water the tomatoes. Next I walked round the corner to a friends house to do a bit of watering for her as they are on holiday. As I opened their gate to the back garden a huge flock of birds flew out of the cherry tree, 2 magpies, a jackdaw, 2 blackbirds and several pigeons. After I had watered I was going to pick myself a few cherries but they are getting past their best so I left them for the birds. When I got back home H had taken the bikes out of the garage and had wiped the chains and oiled them ready for us to go out. So I had a banana and went up to put my cycle gear on. We biked along the track but H wasn’t really in the right mood and was crawling along. After we had done 8 miles we felt a spot or two of rain so we cut the ride short and came home again. I was quite pleased because I was fed up with going so slowly. He then said I should have passed him! But there was no point because I would have had to wait for him. This afternoon I spent an hour working in the garden while H slept in front of the tv which was showing the Tour de France. Tomorrow he is going down to the surgery to sort out an appointment with a doctor. We watched some of tipping point, had our baths and then dinner. We had duck legs with new potatoes, carrots, peas and sweet corn. Tomorrow I have to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment