Friday 26 July 2019

Friday

 All day I have been thinking it’s Saturday! I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. As soon as I had done I dressed etc ready to go shopping. We went to Asda first and it was chaos. None of the meat shelves were open and nothing to explain why. I assume it’s was something to do with the thunderstorms and power cuts we in the area suffered. From there we went to B&Q so H could get some grout and lump wood charcoal. When we got home we had a coffee and I read my magazine. Next we got ready to go out on our bikes. We went to Reepham station and had a coffee and then biked home again. As soon as we got back I hung out the washing. We had lunch, a toasted tea cake and watched the Tour de France. It was lovely riding along the track under the tree canopy, the coolest I have been all week. I was stung several times because the nettles have got very tall and now they are all falling over. I had a nice cool shower and cooked dinner, we had lamb shanks with broard beans,  carrots, broccoli and potatoes all in a lovely rich gravy. Strawberries and cream for dessert. We hope it’s dry tomorrow because we want to go out on our bikes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment