Monday 15 July 2019

Monday

I got up at 5.50 and made a pot of tea, toasted my bread and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, sorted my bag , filled my water bottle, watered the tomatoes and beans and after I had cleaned my teeth I made the bed, dressed and went to work. Andy, Andrew and I had to all go together with a small list of veg to harvest. First we picked 30 bunches of beetroot then I had to do 25 bunches of radishes while the 2 men picked 2 boxes of broad beans. Next Andrew and I had to stay at the top of the field and begin to pull up leeks while Andy went back to the yard cutting a few lettuce on the way. He had to wash the radishes and beetroot , pack them and put everything in the van ready for the boss to deliver. He then rejoined us and we spent the rest of the morning pulling up the leeks  ready to plant tomorrow. When I left off at one we had 30 boxes and Andy was going to spend the afternoon pulling the rest up. Andrew left us at 12.20 so he could have his lunch and spend the afternoon gardening. When I got home I had a coffee and a slice of cake. We watched the Tour de France then tipping point, I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had salmon, jacket potatoes broad beans and carrots. It was very dull all morning at work and not very warm. I have to go again tomorrow to plant the leeks and I have been told to take plenty to eat because I could be there all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment