Sunday 14 July 2019

Sunday.

I got up at 6.10and put on a load of washing. H was already up and has made the tea and had his breakfast. He was waiting to make a coffee so I said I would have my coffee first. After coffee I made my porridge and poured my tea. After breakfast I made the bed, dressed and hung out the washing. Next I did all my ironing before it got too hot indoors. I had loads because I haven’t done any for ages and I had piles of it. I watered the tomatoes and beans and then boiled the ingredients for a ‘ boiled cake’. I left it to cool while I walked to my friends house to water her garden. When I got back home I added the eggs, flour and spices to my cake mix and popped it in the oven. H finished his turbo ride so I made us a coffee and sat down for a few minutes to drink it. It’s been so cloudy and cool today that we were able to sit in the conservatory! For lunch we had mackerel in tomato sauce with a slice of bread and butter. I swept and washed the kitchen and toilet floors and vacuumed upstairs. We watched the Tour de France in the lounge and cricket in the kitchen! I had to keep going from one to the other. The cricket was amazing in the end it was so good I didn’t care who won but I am still pleased it was us! My cake turned out well , when it was cool I cut it up and we each tried a slice.

For dinner tonight we had roast chicken with roast potatoes and onions and with new potatoes, carrots and broccoli and of course gravy. I have had a nice weekend but it’s gone quickly and I have to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment