Monday 22 July 2019

Monday.

I got up at 5.40 and had a slice of toast for breakfast with a cup of tea. I packed my lunch, made the bed, watered  the tomatoes etc. and then I just sat and relaxed till it was time for me to go to work. There wasn’t much for me to do! I had to pick 20 bunches of beetroot and 25 bunches of radishes. After that I had to twiddle runner beans round their canes and pull out the weeds in the rows. I finished it all by 12.10 and the boss told me if I finished it before home time to find myself something to do! I then weeded a bed of sweet corn and started on 4 rows of fennel. I had a coffee when I got home and H and I sat in the garden for a little while but it was just too hot. (31 degrees) We sat indoors in the shade. We had a glass of wine and a cup of tea. I had a nice cool bath and cooked dinner, we had jacket potatoes, mushrooms and onions and fish cakes.  I have to water the tomatoes again this evening but I will do it when the sun had gone down. I have to work again tomorrow, we are planting the winter cabbages. It will be dreadful sitting on the back of the planter it this heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment