Tuesday 2 July 2019

Tuesday.

I got up at 5.55, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my usual snack, made the bed, dressed, watered the tomato plants, hung out the washing and got ready to go to work.
First we loaded all the plants on to the trailer and drove to the part of the field  where we were planting. We worked for 2 hours and then stopped for our break. We carried on and finished the planting at 11. After that I walked to the beetroot and picked 60 bunches. Andy joined me and we also picked 89 bunches of carrots before it was time for me to go home. I don’t have to go tomorrow so I hope I can sleep a bit longer. When I got home I had a coffee and a slice of flap jack. I am feeling quite tired and just read my book all afternoon. I got the washing in, watered the tomatoes again and H poured me a glass of champagne! We watched tipping point and had our baths. I cooked dinner, we had the rest of yesterday’s lag of lamb with potatoes, broccoli, carrots and broad beans with gravy. It tasted just as good today. We also had the rest of the rhubarb and cream. Now I am going to watch my soaps and hope that I can stay awake unlike last night when I missed everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment