Thursday 4 July 2019

Thursday

I was in the middle of a dream when H came in and woke me up! I was sound asleep and it was 6 o’clock! By the time I got downstairs he had poured my tea and toasted my bread. After breakfast I packed my cheese, tomato and water, dressed, made the bed, watered my tomato plants and got ready to go to work. I had to go with Andy and first we had to pick 10 boxes of broad beans, that took till 9.05. Next we picked 10 bunches of golden beetroot and 50 bunches of purple beetroot. By then it was almost 10 am and time for Andy to go down for his coffee break but first we had to pick 6 bunches of spring onions for a customer. He then left but the boss he’d told me to take my break in the field! I sat on a box with my water and cheese etc after which I had to pick 35 bunches of radishes. By the time Andy came back I only had 4 bunches left to do. Next we did 132 bunches of carrots, it was hard because there are so many weeds and they all had to be forked up. We were supposed to also do 80 bunches of spring onions but we only managed to get 45 before it was time for me to go home and for Andy to have his lunch. He will have to get the rest by himself. When I got home H made me a coffee and I went outside to sit in the sun. It was really too hot so I didn’t stay out for long. We had a bbq for tea this evening which was nice because it meant that I only had to prepare a little salad and H did the rest. We had pork kebabs and sausages, he also did himself 2 bananas 🍌 over the heat but just the thought of a hot banana makes me feel sick! I had yogurt. Anyway it was all nice and I am full again. I don’t have to work till Monday so happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment