Thursday 18 July 2019

Thursday.

I got up just before 6 and put on a load of washing. I had toast and butter with a mug of tea for breakfast and relaxed with my book till 7. Then I packed my lunch, cleaned my teeth, dressed, made the bed and watered the tomatoes before going to work. When I arrived I had to walk to the top of the field and pick 45 bunches of radishes. Andy then joined me and we picked 31 bunches of golden beetroot. We moved to the carrots and did 48 bunches before going back to the yard for our coffee break. As soon as we had finished we unloaded the trailer and went to the beetroot plot and picked 80 bunches of beetroot. We then went back to the carrots 🥕 for the rest of the morning and managed to do 144 more bunches before I went home. Yesterday evening I suddenly had a VERY sore throat, it was so bad that in the night I had a job to swallow. I have felt awful all day and now I am starting to cough. I don’t know anyone with a cold!  I haven’t had one for over 2 years! When I got home H made me a hot chocolate and I sat about for ages then I went outside and began to clear my garden path, I have done about a quarter of it. H ran me a bath and as I am not hungry we just had beans and eggs on toast followed by a toasted tea cake. I have to work again tomorrow! I haven’t worked on a Friday for over a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment