Monday 1 July 2019

Monday.

I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and a slice of toast and had my breakfast. I watered the tomato plants, hung out the washing and made the bed. Next I dressed, packed my lunch and got ready to go to work. Andrew was sent out mowing lawns till 10 am and Andy and I were sent to the field with a small list. First we picked a box of broad beans, then 30 bunches of beetroot, 24 bunches of carrots and then Andy had to cut 24 cos lettuce 🥬 while I picked 2 boxes of rhubarb. We took it all back to the yard and washed the carrots and beetroot, repacked it and the boss went off to deliver it. I had to go into the greenhouse next and take the shoots out of the tomato plants and twist them up their strings. Andy loaded the trailer with plants and called me at 10 for our coffee break. Andrew came back and we all went to the top of the field to plant. (I had done almost half the tomatoes.)  We planted till 12.30 and then I had to go back to the tomatoes and just managed to finish them before it was time for me to go home. On the way home I went to the local shop for strawberries and cream but they didn’t have any strawberries so I bought a pot of cream, came home and picked some rhubarb and we had that instead. I got my washing in (dry) watered the tomatoes again and put we the meat in the oven, it was a leg of lamb and I wanted to cook it slowly. With it we had broad beans, carrots, broccoli and roast potatoes. I was the only one had mint sauce with it, the others don’t know what they are missing, it makes the gravy really special. Our son is leaving this evening and I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment