Wednesday 27 October 2021

Wednesday work

I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washingand made a pot of tea. I had a problem with the kettle! The switch on the back of the kettle that you press down to turn it on wouldnt stay down! I had to stand there pressing it down till it boiled. H said he would get a new one, he looked om the computer but they have every colour except green. Luckily he never throws anything away and when I got home from work he had found our old scratched black one and it was merrily boiling away ready for my coffee.I had eggs for breakfast,packed my snack for work, dressed and hung out the washing before I went to work. I had to go with Andy and we picked 5 boxes of black kale, 5 boxes of curly kale, 120 bunches of carrots and 50 bunches of beetroot.We went down for break and after break I walked back to the leeks and trimmed them for the rest of the morning. I got my washing in after my coffee and its dry. We watched tipping point, had our baths and then dinner. Fish pie with cabbage and leeks. The boss asked if I could go to work tomorrow and I said yes at first but then realised I couldnt go because H needed the car to go to his spanish lesson. I would have cycled in if it was summer but the weather is not so good and now I am nearly 83 I find it hard work biking home after 5 hours of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment