Wednesday 20 October 2021

Wednesday wet work!

I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my usual snack, washed and dressed etc and then sat and read till it was time to go to work. On the way there it poured with rain and I want through several floods. We put on all our wet gear and went to pick 50 bunches of beetroot. It was awful! so muddy and we were forever getting our feet stuck. Everythink took longer to do. Next we had to bunch carrots, that was awful too! We did 96 bunches and it was coffee break. After break I had to walk back to the leeks, just the walking was a struggle let alone thying to pull the leeks out of the mud. I did 6 boxes then Andy came to take me to turnips and we had to trim 2boxes. We went back to the yard and there was just time to wash everything before I left off. I was so tired when I got home I kept falling asleep.Luckily there was enough of yesterdays stew left over for dinner tonight so I didnt have to cook anything. I am at home tomorrow so I will have a lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment