Tuesday 5 October 2021

Tuesday, a visit to the City.

I got up at 6.15 so that was a nice lay in. H came down a few minuits later. I put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and had my breakfast. We had a coffee and H wrote me out a cheque for the housekeeping money for the next 5 weeks plus last week which he owed me. Also the money he borrowed and as it was raining and we wouldnt be going out on our bikes I thought I would pop to the City and put it in the bank. As we still havent got any petrol for the last 3 weeks and have less than half a tank I decided to go on the bus. I walked to the bus stop having no idea what time a bus would arrive and one turned up straight away. I went to the bank first and it was almoat empty so I was straight in and out. Next I went to W H Smith for a couple of packs of playing cards. I couldnt find any but found a man stacking shelves so asked him. He said they were upstairs and to the right. I followed his instructions but couldnt find any or anyone to ask! There were no staff upstairs at all and when I went back down the shelf filler man was nowhere in sight. Next I went to NEXT for something nice for a baby but there was nothing I liked in the right size. It was either too small (for babies up to 5lbs 7ozs or really nice spider man T shirts the smallest of which was 3 years). So I got nothing there either. After that was Holland and Barrett for cod liver oil tablets and vitermin D sprays. Then I got a bus home. It was packed with standing room only. When I got home I had a coffee, made son a salad and H and me a chicken and mayo sandwich. I got the washing in and read a bit of my book . we watched tipping point had our baths and I cooked dinner. We had jacket potatoes with a mince and onion filling with carrot, and peas and a corn on the cob on the side. Son then got ready to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment