Friday 29 October 2021

Friday, work.

I got up at 5.30 after a dreadful nights sleep of about an hour! I put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and had eggs for breakfast. Ipacked my snack and my gloves etc and got ready to go to work. I had to walk to leeks and trim them till coffee break, the men joined me after I had trimmed 6 boxes, they had been cutting cauliflowers. We trimmed another 4 boxes between us and went down for our break. After break I had to pick 18 bunches of golden beetroot, 12 bunches of beetroot, 19 bunches of purple carrots and 60 bunches of carrots, the men joined me and when they were done we went back to the yard and washed and packed everything and it was time for me to leave off. I went straight to the butchers and bought some meat for all next week. I also bought some cheese straws.When I got home H made us a coffee and we had rhe cheese straws with it. I didnt do anything all afternoon because I was too tired. Our son arrived home at 5 oclock. I had a bath, washed my hair and cooked dinner. We had jacket potatoes with a meat sauce and grated cheese. After dinner I roasted some chestnuts for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment