Monday 4 February 2019

Wet work day.

I got up at 5.25, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge and had my breakfast. I packed my usual litre of water, tomato and cheese, cleaned my teeth,dressed, made the bed and then relaxed for half an hour before going to work. I was trimming leeks again. The men picked me up at 10 on their way down the field and we had our coffee break. Then I had to walk back to the leeksand finish off the 4 rows that had been lifted. Andrew came to pick me and the leeks up and we washed and packed them. It was only around 11 o’clock and I had to spend the rest of the morning washing the glass in the greenhouse! I do this job every year and I know it has to be done but I hate it! I wash it with some fungicidal wash, I have to keep climbing on and off a box so I can reach the top. The water mixture was icy cold and as I reach up it runs down my arms so I went home wet up to my armpits. Work is running out fast and I don’t have to go again till Wednesday week!
However I am sure the exercise does me good, I burnt over a thousand calories this morning and walked 3 miles. When I got home I had a shower and H made me a coffee which I had with a hot cross bun. We sat watching tele this afternoon ( I fell asleep) and for dinner we had smoked cod with baked potatoes and mushy peas. H had yogurt for pudding but I had a pear.

No comments:

Post a Comment