Wednesday 20 February 2019

Wednesday

I got up just after 6 and had a bowl of porridge for breakfast. I packed a tomato and a slice of cheese and a bottle of water, made the bed and dressed in my old work clothes ready for work. I had to do 96 bunches of carrots first. They have hardly any tops left on them so they are hard to tie up! Next I had to trim leeks. The boss had lifted 2 rows and there were a few left on the last rows he had lifted as well so I trimmed them all and Andrew joined me when I had nearly finished so he loaded them all onto the trailer and we went down to wash them. We also washed 4 boxes of swedes that he had harvested. The boss asked me to pack and weigh 2 boxes of leeks and 2 boxes of swedes which I did. Then I looked at the time and it was1.03 and time for me to go home. The morning had flown past!  When I got home we had a coffee and then went to the electrical shop to collect our first kitchen light that we were having rewired and take the other one in to be done. When we got home with it H put it back up. It was a bit of a struggle but he managed it in the end. I thought I had to go to the doctors this evening! Last time I went for my blood tests the receptionist gave me a slip of paper and said this is your next appointment. So I had a bath and did my hair, I told H that we would have to have fish and chips for dinner because I wouldn’t have time to cook. I said I would call in for them on my way home from the docs. Well I was ready and just about to leave and the phone rang, it was the doctor! He told the receptionist to give me an appointment by phone but there had been some misunderstanding. So I didn’t have to go but then we had no dinner so we still had fish and chips but had to make a special trip for them. They were lovely and well worth the journey. No more work for me till next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment