Wednesday 27 February 2019

Wednesday

We got up at 6, I put on a load of washing and H made a pot of tea. We had our breakfast and I packed my lunch, cheese and tomato. I dressed, sorted my bag, dressed and made the bed etc and just had time to hang out the washing before going to work. I had to walk to the top of the field to bunch 15 dozen bunches of carrots. Andy joined me and it still took us till gone 10 o’clock. The tops are almost not existent so really hard to tie. We took them to the yard and had our break. The boss then gave me a sack to fill with sprouts. When I got to the sprout bed they were awful! They were all splitting and have black spots. I tried to find some decent ones put couldn’t so I pulled one up and took it to the yard to show the boss who was washing carrots. He said he didn’t realise they had gone off so quickly. So I didn’t have to pick any but had to trim leeks instead. We had to have 6 boxes Andy joined me after I had done 4 of them and when we had finished we went back to the yard and it was time for me to go home. The boss paid me for today and gave me a days holiday pay he also gave me a wage packet with 2 days holiday pay for next week and then said he will ring me the weekend after next and talk about when I have to go back. So it looks as if I will be having a long break. When I got home I had a coffee and a slice of corned beef and worked in the garden for 2 hours. H called me in when he had made a pot of tea so I drank mine and had a bath. I got my washing in and cooked dinner. We had steak, peas and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment