Monday 11 February 2019

Monday.

I got up at 6.35, put on a load of washing and had a cup of tea. Later we had a coffee and as soon as the washing was done I hung it out right away. I had 2 cream crackers with butter on for my breakfast. Son and I played a third game of crib and I made it a hat trick!! It must have been my lucky weekend. At 12 o’clock we got ready to go out for lunch. We went to The Walpole Arms. We all had a nice meal and I was so annoyed because I forgot to take photos of my plates. I had king prawn cocktail,followed by duck breast and ice cream for dessert. H had soup for starters, the duck like me and then chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce. Son had pork cheeks starter, belly pork mains and ice cream pud. It was all nice. When they brought our mains out they brought 3 duck meals when son had ordered pork. He didn’t make a fuss but said it wasn’t what he ordered. They were so apologetic and checked with the chef who said he would have it ready in 7 minutes. So H and I carried on eating ours while it was hot. Then when we ordered desserts I ordered Gin and tonic cheesecake. The waitress came back after a while and told me that chef said he wasn’t happy and felt that he couldn’t let me have the cheesecake. I said that’s fine and picked 2 flavours of ice cream instead. It was delicious. Anyway we were perfectly happy with our meal and the service but when we got the bill they said they had not charged us for sons main course or my pudding! How good was that!! However I did give the waitress a message for the chef, I said I didn’t know why I couldn’t have the gin and tonic cheesecake I am over 18 and I wasn’t driving. She thought it was funny and went straight off to relay mu message. When we left there we went to Baconsthorpe castle for a wander round. Our son had not been before. When we got home we all had a cup of tea and I made son a salad. H and I didn’t want anything we are still full. After his tea our son packed all his things and left to go back to London. When he left H ran me a bath and I watched the rest of my soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment