Saturday 9 February 2019

Saturday

I got up at 6.35,put on a load of washing and then made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge. I had my breakfast and when the washing was done I hung it out plus 2 towels that didn’t dry yesterday. I made the bed and we had a coffee. I sat and wrote an email to my brother in New Zealand and then sat and read till our son got up at 9 o’clock. After he was up I emptied the dishwasher and put everything away and took the meat out of the freezer for dinner tonight. I also took some stewed apple and I am going to make a crumble for dessert with it. As our son is ‘ gluten free ‘ I am making the topping with coconut flour so I hope it works alright. We had a game of crib while H was on the turbo trainer and wonder of wonders, I won!!! We are having a second game tomorrow. For lunch son and I had a salad and H had a bacon sandwich. In the afternoon Son went to the climbing centre and I found a knitting pattern that has booties, mitts and little shoes so I am now knitting those. I have knitted a bootie today  I will do another tomorrow if we don’t go out. For dinner tonight son and I had lamb and H had pork because he doesn’t like lamb, ours was delicious. We had it with mashed potatoes, broccoli, carrots, leek, onions and garlic and gravy. ( mutton gravy is the best). We had the apple crumble with ice cream. It was very nice and the topping worked well. We all watched Tin Tin after that and when it was over I came upstairs to write my blog. Not only did my washing all get dry but when I got it in it was actually warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment