Friday 22 February 2019

Friday

H woke me up at 6.20 because it’s shopping day. I put on a load of washing and had a slice of toast for breakfast. As soon as we were ready we went to Asda for our weekly shop. When we got home I unpacked and put everything away while H made the coffee. Before I drunk mine I hung the washing out. We had a hot cross bun with our coffee and then I read my next weeks tele magazine. I did a bit of housework and then I got ready to go to Cawston village hall for ‘ soup and sandwiches ‘ as I arrived so did 2 of my sister in law’s. We all went in together and met more of our friends. There were about 8 different flavours of soup. I had Stilton and broccoli which was delicious. The sandwiches were a huge variety. I had prawn and mayo, cheese and onion and ham and cottage cheese with crisps, tomatoes, cucumber and celery. The dessert trolley was amazing but I ended up with strawberry and raspberry pavlova with cream.we had water on the tables and we ended up with tea or coffee. There was a quiz paper on each table (we got 17 out of 20) and a raffle. It was all very nice and as it’s half term we were waited on by the brownies which enabled them to work towards one of their badges. When I left there I went to the garden centre and bought some buttons for all 3 of  my little coats and some wool so I can try to knit a shawl. I was going to look for a plant that I want but it took me so long in the wool and button bit that I didn’t have time. I then called in at the chemist for my pills and then home. We had a glass of wine and then I had a bath and washed my hair. For dinner tonight we had fish pie with garden peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment