Monday 18 February 2019

Monday and a grand day out. in

 I got up at 6.25 and made a pot of tea. We had our breakfast and then a coffee. We sent our 16 year old Grandaughter happy birthday wishes and then I made a stew with leftover turkey from Christmas that I had frozen. I made it in my slow cooker because I was going out for the day. I added onions,leeks, garlic, mushrooms, sprouts, tomatoes, parsnip and potatoes. Some salt and pepper and a good slug of red wine. Next I vacuumed the whole house and started to read a new book. H got ready and went out on his bike. He was going to the bank, then Halfords for 2 inner tubes, (one each) for our front tyres with a bit of gunge inside to help prevent punctures. On the way home he was popping my prescription into the surgery for me. At 10.20 our daughter, son in law, Grandaughter and her boyfriend plus’s the 2 French bulldogs  picked me up and we all went to the beach. We parked at Overstrand and walked on the beach to Cromer where we had chips from Mary Janes which we took to a bench overlooking the pier and ate them. Next we walked on the pier and watched the ‘Gilly fishers’ catching crabs and then for donuts and ice cream. We then walked back to Overstrand and came home. The walk was exactly 5 miles. It was really nice, not at all cold or windy and the tide was right out for the whole time so the beach was huge. The dogs had a great time. When I got home I had a coffee and H had got the tubes and put them on ready for us to ride tomorrow which I am looking forward to immensely. I have only had one ride ride outside this year so far. We had a cup of tea and then a bath before our dinner which was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment