Wednesday 28 November 2018

Wednesday

I got up at 5.36, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I didn’t have a very good night and my throat is a bit stingy. I had an egg for my breakfast,packed my lunch, made my bed, dressed etc and went to work. First I had to help the men wash all the turnips that they had trimmed yesterday. As soon as they were washed Andrew went off on a gardening job and Andy went into the office to sort out all the orders and I packed the turnips. When I had done Andy and I went to pick 11 boxes of kale. We weighed it in plastic boxes in thr field because it was pouring with rain but when we got back to the yard we had to repack it into cardboard boxes. We also packed a load of leeks and then it was coffee break. Next I walked up to the carrots and picked 12 bunches of purple carrots and 48 bunches of orange ones. Andy picked them and me up and we drove to the beetroot where I picked 12 bunches of golden beetroot while Andy trimmed 2 boxes of celeriac. We then both did 20 bunches of beetroot and took everything down the yard to wash and pack. By the time I got home my throat was very sore indeed and now I can hardly swallow!! When I got home I had a coffee, a bath and for dinner we had lasagna with cauliflower and broccoli. We had a cup of tea and I had a cup of bovril . I have taken some paracetamol so hope to feel better soon.  I am supposed to go to work again tomorrow but I will have to ring in the morning and say I can’t go. It’s our granddaughters wedding on Saturday and I must try my utmost to get better for that and standing in the rain for 5 hours tomorrow wouldn’t help.

No comments:

Post a Comment