Saturday 10 November 2018

Saturday

I got up soon after 6 and put on a load of washing. I had an egg and a cup of tea for breakfast and H made me a coffee later. I hung the washing out and then sat and read till our son got up. After he was dressed etc he and I decided to go for a walk. He drove to Horsford/ Haveringland woods, parked and we walked in the woods. It was lovely, we walked to a lake which was full of water fowl, swans, herons, a cormorant , grebes, geese, ducks and seagulls. We also saw a deer 🦌. We walked over 3 miles and then came back for lunch. However when we got home it was 2 o’clock and H and I were supposed to be at our daughter and son in law’s around then! So I just changed my socks, which were soaking wet, collected all the things I had to take and we left. I had to leave son getting his own lunch! Salad. We took the 3 tiers of wedding cake with us and a bottle of wine and flowers for their 18 th wedding anniversary. We had a cuppa and home made cookies. Yum. Daughter gave me my birthday present so I can wear it when I go out tomorrow. It early but so is my lovely watch that H has given me. Anyway my present from daughter and son in law is an Amber necklace, it’s lovely. They know I love Amber, I have always wanted to find a piece at the beach, I am always looking. While we were there son went to the climbing centre. I rang no 1 son for a chat , they are fine and we will see them tomorrow. When son got home I cooked dinner. We had steak mushrooms, peas and chips which I made with potatoes and sweet potatoes. We had stewed blackberry and apple with a dollop of yogurt, delicious and free. As soon as I had eaten mine I went upstairs to watch S C D.

No comments:

Post a Comment