Friday 16 November 2018

Friday

H woke me up at 6.15 and we went down for breakfast. I put on a load of washing, dressed etc. and we went for our weekly shop. When we got home I unpacked and put everything away while H made the coffee. We had a cup with our first mince pie 🥧 of the season. Next I got on with some housework and H put on a loaf of bread. My hairdresser rang to say she had had a cancellation so would I like to go at 2.15. Yes.(my appointment was for 3.45) we were going for a bike ride and still wanted to go but decided on a short ride. As soon as the loaf was done we left and were just going to Reepham. Well we got to Whitwell station but the bridge that goes over the road there was all taped off. We spoke to a man who was working in the station yard and he told us the bridge is unsafe. Yesterday (I think) a horse put its foot through the boards on the bridge and he shew us the large hole. I can’t help wondering about the horse and rider! I hope there were no broken legs! We could have gone through the station and on to the road that way but there didn’t seem to be much point so we just turned around and went home again. When we got home we had a coffee and a slice of marmite on toast. I had a quick shower and got ready to go to the hairdressers and sat and read till it was time for me to go. When I got home again we had a glass of wine and I cooked dinner. Paella and chips with millionaires cheese cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment