Wednesday 14 November 2018

Wednesday

I got up at 5.32, put on a load of washing and made a pot of tea. I had my breakfast, packed my lunch, dressed etc, made the bed, hung out the washing and went to work. First I had to pack 15 sacks of leeks that Andy trimmed yesterday afternoon. Then I joined the men who were trimming turnips. We did 7 boxes of them, went to the yard to wash and pack them and I had to walk back up the field to the carrots. I had to have 72 bunches of carrots and 12 bunches of purple ones. After that I walked to the beetroot and picked 30 bunches of beetroot and 6 bunches of golden beetroot. I had to spend the rest of the day trimming leeks. When I got home I had a coffee and 2 slices of corned beef. I got my washing in, dry again and had a shower. For dinner tonight we had venison chops with potatoes, broccoli, leeks and carrots. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment