Thursday 15 November 2018

Thursday

 I got up this morning at 5.12 ( because I needed the loo and I couldn’t be bothered to go back to bed.). I had my breakfast, packed my lunch, and read my book till H came down. Then I cleaned my teeth, dressed etc and went to work. My boss gave me a massive list and my wages and said he wouldn’t see me anymore today because he was going to a funeral. I had to do 96 bunches of carrots, 20 bunches of purple ones. Next it was beetroot, I cut all my string for 40 bunches of beetroot and 20 bunches of golden ones. Next it was a sack of sprouts ( my first this year) and finally leeks. I just had time to trim one box and it was home time. Just walking from one veg patch to the other worked  out at 2.7 miles!! Plus the fact that I have to cut all the string I need to tie my bunches. I came home worn out only to find that inter flora had delivered a beautiful bouquet from New Zealand for my 80th birthday. It cheered up my day even though I shed a tear. I am so lucky. My friend Andy gave me a bottle of bubbly for my birthday and H thought we should drink it, so now I feel great.🥂😂. I had a bath and when tipping point is over I will cook dinner which is lambs liver, Romanesque, carrots and potatoes. (All the veg was in the field 3 hours ago) . I think all this fresh veg is why I am so fit at almost 80 and can still work as fast as the rest of the staff. If I couldn’t do it I would give up but my boss is happy with my work still. I don’t have to work again till Monday. After dinner I will watch my soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment