Monday 12 November 2018

Sunday

 Today was rather special because I was having an early birthday lunch with 31 of my friends and family. I thought I wouldn’t sleep a wink last night because I would be too worried about it all but I was wrong. I had a great nights sleep and didn’t get up till almost 7.30. I had my usual breakfast of an egg and a cup of tea then H made me a coffee. We were leaving the house at 11.02, after the 2 minutes silence and picking one of my friends up on the way so I didn’t bother to dress till 10.30 and sat about in my dressing gown painting my nails etc. When we arrived at the venue ( the old rectory, north Walsham road ,Norwich) I put my home made place names on the tables. The tables were laid out beautifully, 4 large round tables each with 8 place settings. As people arrived they were offered a drink of red or white wine or orange juice. I had said no gifts but that didn’t work!! The meal was fantastic and we were all very impressed with it all. The staff were amazing, it was a 3 course meal (not a set menu) and we can’t believe how quickly we were all served at the same time on all the courses. I would recommend this place to anybody. I only have one problem, the gifts were all placed on a table, we were the last to leave because I had to pay ( and it was very reasonably priced too) H then collected all the cards and gifts and put them in the boot of our car. When I got home I unwrapped some of my gifts, some said not to be opened till 3rd dec. put some didn’t and 1 had nothing written on it. I think it might have been with a card but got separated. It’s a beautiful amethyst pendant. I will have to try to find out who it came from but don’t know how!
When we got home we had a cup of tea and I put my flowers in water. I made son a salad but H and aren’t hungry. I put on a loaf of bread and I am now going to watch S C D results. I have to go to work tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment