Tuesday 13 November 2018

13th unlucky for some.

I had a good sleep and got up at 6.36. I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. When the washing was done I hung it out. We had a coffee then H did a bit of studying so I read my book. At 9.45 we got ready to go out on our bikes. We decided to bike to Wroxham and back all off road which would be roughly 56/57 miles. We stopped at Aylsham station where H had a coffee and a bacon bap and I had an o j and chips. We carried on to Wroxham station, stood talking to some chap and my back tyre went down!!! H changed the tube for me and we headed for home. The next thing ,H had a rear wheel puncture! He changed the tube, pumped it up and it went straight down again so we had to use a third tube! By the time we had done all this the time was getting away so we took a short cut at Reepham and took the road to Whitwell. Thank goodness we did!! Around Whitwell station H got a puncture in his front wheel!! We were so fed up with taking out wheels he decided to pump it up and see how far he could get before it went down (1.2 miles ) so we had to keep stopping and pumping. By the time we were 3 miles from home it was dark! We had no lights and couldn’t see a thing. We ended up doing 52.6 miles but we are glad we took the short cut. As soon as we got home we had a cup of tea and a bath. I cooked dinner, we had cod , potatoes, broccoli and carrots. I have to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment