Wednesday 31 October 2018

Wednesday

I got up at 5.30 , put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch,dressed, made fun the bed , hung out the washing and went to work. It was zero degrees when I got there so when I was bunching and tying carrots my fingers were frozen! I had to do 72 bunches of carrots and 12 purple ones. Next it was a walk to the beetroot which warmed me up, I did 30 bunches of beetroot and 6 golden ones. I then the my coffee break and the weather had warmed up so much I had to take my top 2 layers off. I trimmed 6 boxes of leeks and Andy joined me,helped me do a couple more boxes and then took me to the yard just in time for me to leave off. When I got home I was worn out. The field was so muddy I struggled to lift every foot step and my boots were thick with mud and weighed a ton. H made me a coffee and I had my lunch, a cheese and tomato sandwich. The phone rang and it was a man from our window firm to ask if they could send the surveyor round to measure up our bathroom window. After he had gone we had a cup of tea, a bath and dinner. Fish pie with baked beans and baked apple and custard for pudding. I have to work again tomorrow.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment