Monday 1 October 2018

1 st of October..

I got up at 5.25,put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and hung the washing out before going to work.
I had to pick 28 bunches of purple carrots and 48 bunches of orange ones. It was hard work because I had to dig them all up and the ground has gone so hard. Next it was 10 bunches of golden beetroot and 40 bunches of purple ones. I had to walk to the leeks and trimmed 4 boxes of them before Andy took me away to help him to pick 5 boxes of kale. Then it was time for me to go home. When I got home H had got the washing in because it began to rain but luckily it was all dry. He made me a coffee and I had a slice of corned and an apple. I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had chicken with mashed potatoes, carrots, cabbage and gravy.
We had loads of trouble at work today, first the men got the tractor and trailer out of the garage only to find there was a puncture in one of the trailer tyres. So they went to get the other tractor and trailer out but couldn’t because the battery was flat!! They had to use the van round the field which is never done! They put the battery on charge so it could be used after 10am. Things like this always happen when the boss is on holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment