Monday 8 October 2018

Monday

I got up at 5.25, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, made the Bed, dressed, hung out the washing and went to work. I had to go straight to leeks and trim them till Andy came to take me to the yard. We washed and packed them and it was break time. I had only trimmed 5 boxes, normally I would have done 7 in that time but they haven’t been lifted and it was really hard work pulling them up. My arms still ache but luckily I haven’t hurt my back. After coffee break we went back to the top of the field and while Andy was cutting cabbages I had to pick 2 bunches of purple carrots and and then 2 boxes of loose carrots. The ground is like concrete again so it was hard to get the fork in. After that we cut a box of broccoli and then went to squashes. We cut and cleaned 4 boxes of butternut squash, 4 boxes of onion squash and 4 boxes of harlequin squash. We didn’t clean the harlequin in the field because it was Andys lunchtime so we went down to the shed and I stood and cleaned them before my hometime. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a biscuit 🍪 and half a bar of nugget . I had a shower and then I fed all 3 of the wedding cakes with brandy. I will do them once more in November and they should be ok. For dinner tonight we had jacket potatoes, baked beans and salmon. I cooked the salmon in a pan with a lid but it has still stunk the whole house out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment