Friday 5 October 2018

A good day.

I got up at 6.10, put on a load of washing and had a slice of toast for breakfast. As soon as I was done I dressed and we went for our weekly shop. When we got home I unpacked and put everything away, hung out the washing and H got the bikes out. Mine had a flat tyre on the front!! He mended it while I read my magazine and drank my coffee and ate my cream bun. I dusted downstairs and we got ready to go out on our bikes. We rode to Walcott taking a scenic route which made it 31.5 miles. It was a beautiful day and we sat in the sun with our fish and chips and a can of shandy. The tide was out so I told H I was going for a paddle, well the steps stopped short of the beach. They looked as if they were about a yard short but beneath them was a huge puddle which only looked a few inches deep so I took off my shoes and socks and jumped in!! Wrong!! The water came half way up my legs!! (I had my long cycle tights on which were soaked) . Anyway I walked to the sea and had a paddle, the sea was lovely and not a bit cold. I walked back to the steps and really struggled to get up onto the bottom one, it was so far off the ground!!  We then rode home again, I soon dried out!! Altogether we did 61.6 miles and I enjoyed every minute of it. When we got home we had a coffee and I got my washing in all nice and dry. We had a glass of wine and 2 biscuits 🍪.i was quite happy eating them because I burned 1,700 calories on my ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment