Sunday 21 October 2018

Our 59th wedding anniversary!!

I got up at 7 and put on a load of washing and had my breakfast 🍳. When the washing was done I hung it out.Then I just sat and read till our son came down. H made us all a coffee and then went up to turbo. Next we got ready to go out on our bikes so we told H and he said he would come with us. We cycled to Reepham and son bought us coffee and cakes. We came home the long way round and when we got back I rang our daughter because wanted to come round. She and our son in law arrived with a bottle of bubbly. We had a coffee and a cake, I got my washing in and when they left I put the chicken in the oven and prepared the veg. ( potatoes and sweet potato for roasting) broccoli, cabbage and carrots. We had the left over blackberry and apple for pudding. We have had a really nice day, the weather was perfect, unlike 59 years ago today when it was raining in Norfolk. The church path was sand and by the time I had walked to the church from the car on my dad’s arm and back to the car on my new husbands arm my white satin shoes and the hem of my dress were orange!! I have to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment