Saturday 2 April 2022

Saturday, frosty.

I got up at 7.20, stripped the bed and put on a load of washing. H poured me a cup of tea and I made a bowl of porridge for my breakfast. we had decided not to go out on our bikes because it was only 2 degrees. We had a coffee and I had a text from our daughter asking if we were going out on our bikes as they were so we said yes. I hung my washing out and put my cycle gear on. We met them at 10 oclock and had a lovely ride in the sun. We went along the track as far as the cafe in Thelmelthorpe where we had coffee and cake , the men had sausage rolls. We left the cafe and did a couple of miles on the road and it was FREEZING! We hadnt realised just how sheltered we were riding along the track! We got back on the track for the test of the way home. We did 21 and a bit miles , daughter and son in law rode 10 miles further than us because its 5 miles from theirs to ours. So now we have started our miles for April. When we got home I put the bikes away, made us a coffee which we had with a toasted hot cross bun and a packet of crisps. I read a chapter of my book, did a few rows of my knitting and got my washing in. We had a bath and then dinner, chicken curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment