Tuesday 12 April 2022

Monday my last working day.

I got up at 6 oclock after no sleep at all. Today was my last day at work and I was not looking forward to it one little bit. I had eggs for breakfast with a mug of tea. I did a load of washing and packed my cheese and tomatoes for my snack for work. I just had time to hang out my washing before I went to work. Ihad to go with the 2 men and we picked 3 boxes of rhubarb. We were supposed to have 4 boxes but there wasnt any more. Next we trimmed leeks till coffee break. When we got to the shed the bosses wife came in with 5 glasses and a bottle of non alcoholic wine and a cherry cake that she had baked this morning. It was all very nice and such a suprise. After break we had to pick 12 boxes of purple sprouting broccoli and then back to the leeks. We trimmed all the leeks that had been lifted and went back to the yard where we washed them all and I had time to pack 3 sacks before hometime. When I left off my boss and his wife were there and thanked me for all the work I had done over the last 53 years. They gave me last weeks and this weeks wages, 4 days holiday pay that was owing, and then, a beautiful boquet that I had to use 3 of my vases for, an orchid, a bottle of rose cava, some hand made chocolates and a card which contained a cheque. I have been realy spoilt. When I got home H made me a coffee and our no 1 son came round for a coffee and a chat. wWe watched tipping point, had our baths and dinner. sausages, eggs and chips with peas and sweetcorn, nice. p.s.I wrote this on MONDAY BUT FORGOT TO POST IT?

No comments:

Post a Comment