Monday 4 April 2022

Monday my pen ultimate work day

I didnt bother to post anything yesterday because it was all so boring. The only thing I did was fished out my slow cooker which I havent used for years and made a beef stew for dinner tonight. This morning I got up at 5.15 after an awful nights sleep. I made a pot of tea and cooked 2eggs for my breakfast. I packed 2 cream crackers and a banana for my break at work with my usual bottle of water. I had to go with the 2 men, Andrew and Andy nd we harvested carrots till 10 oclock.'Harvesting carrots'sounds quite nice but it actually means we were scrabbling about in the mud with our hands. We did 11 boxes. After break we washed the carrots and went back to the field to get 12 boxes of purple sprouting broccoli and after that it was trimming leeks till home time. I dont have to go again till next Monday which is my last day! My boss is retiring so I will be ending my working life. I started work at Jarrolds printing works on the 4th of January 1954 and worked ever since. I have never been out of work or 'on the dole '. When I was younger I used to work 2 jobs at the same time, a day job and an evening one. So even though I am 83. I wonder how I will cope. When I got home today H made me a coffee and I had a hot cross bun and a packet of crisps. I sat and read my book all afternoon, watched tipping point, had a bath and then our stew for dinner which was very nice. We hope its nice tomorrow so we can go out on our bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment