Monday 22 November 2021

Monday

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing. Ihad eggs and a mug of tea for breakfast and packed a tomato and some of cheese for my break. When the washing was done I hung it out and the next minuit it began to rain! I left it out because it looked as if it wasnt going to be much. I sat and read a bit of my book till it was time for me to go to work. I had to do 20 bunches of beetroot which took ages because the leaves are all dying off. Next it was 7 bunches of purple carrots and then 72 bunches of carrots. Andy joined me when he had cut the cabbages, cauliflowers and sprouting broccoli.We took it all back to the yard and washed everything before having our break.After break we had to pick 12 boxes ofcurly kale, 7 boxes of black kale, 2 boxes of parsnips,and then leeks till home time.When I left off the boss asked if I could work again tomorrow. H made me a coffee and I had it with a mince pie. I got my washing in at 2.15 and to my suprise it was dry! We watched tipping point, had our baths and dinner, salmon with jacket potatoes, mushy peas and mushrooms, a magnum lolly for pud. I roasted some chestnuts as well but after I turned the grill off I forgot to take them out and they came out like little rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment