Friday 19 November 2021

Friday

Today is black friday and for the last few years I have met my daughter in the City and I have always had a lovely day. First we used to have coffee and mince pies then we would shop till lunch time, put our shopping and then have lunch. Her 2 girls would join us and the year before last it was also our great granddaughter. Last year we cancled because of covid and today I had to work I would have taken it off but as I wont be working much longer I have to make the most of every day. Next year I hope we can go again and are able to meet up for lunch again with an added male, our great grandson. I had to pick 62 bunches of beetroot and then trim leeks. The men picked me up when it was coffee break and next I had to pick the tomatoes, I cant remember picking them in the middle of November before, we have normally pulled the plants up by now and cleared the glass house. When I had finished them I walked back to the leeks and trimmed them till 12.30 when we all went down to wash and pack them. When I got home H made me a coffee and cut the crust off the loaf he had just made and was still warm and I had it spread with butter.yum. We watched a film, had a cup of tea, watched tipping point and had a shower, i washed my hair and we had dinner, chicken curry.

1 comment: