Friday 26 November 2021

Friday (grim workday)

Once again I overslept! I woke up at 6.30, I put on a load of washing, had my eggs and a mug of tea, packed a tomato, a slice of cheese and a bottle of water. I dressed etc and it was time for me to leave. It was 3 degrees when I got to work with a nasty wind. We were all frozen. We all (3)had to go together and pick 25 boxes of kale, 15 curly and 10 black. None of us could feel our fingers. Next it was 4 boxes of parsnips and 6 boxes of loose carrots. We took it all to the yard and it was 10.05. We had our break (my water was so cold I couldnt drink much). After break I had to help wash the carrots and parsnips and then walk to the beetroot and pick 30 bunches, it was still pouring with rain. When I had done them I walked to leeks and trimmed them till 12.30. The men joined me around midday so I got a lift back to the yard. We then washed all the leeks and I packed some up till home time. I was pleased to get home. H made me a coffee and as he had mde a loaf of bread I had the crust buttered for lunch. I just sat all afternoon doing nothing till it was time to get dinner. We had lamb butterfly chops with potato wedges and black kale. We had bananas with squirty cream and maple syrup for pud. I hope its all warmed up a bit by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment