Thursday 23 July 2020

Thursday

I got up at 5.20 and put on a load of washing. I had egg and courgette for breakfast and packed 2 ryvita with marmite and butter. I hung the washing out when it was done. I made the bed and cleared up after somebody’s cat yet again and got ready to go to work. I had to go with Andy and we had to pick 3 boxes of beans, 64 bunches of beetroot, 30 bunches of golden beetroot, 4 bunches of radishes and 4 bunches of spring onions. By the time we had done that it was gone 10 o’clock so Andy went down for his break. I sat on an upturned box in the middle of the field and had mine. When I had finished I got on with the second part of the order. I had to do 66 more bunches of spring onions and I had done 27 by the time Andy finished his break.we finished the onions and I had to walk to the radish bed and do another29 bunches,Andy went with the boss to take some of the fleece off some of the crops. When I had finished I had to pick a box of tomatoes and I still had 50 minutes left before home time so I wound the tomato plants up their strings and also the few cucumbers we have. When left off the boss said I don’t have to go till Monday. When I got home H made me a coffee and we each had a slice of melon 🍈. H poured us both some wine and the sun came out so we sat in the garden. I watered the tomatoes. We watched tipping point and had our baths. I cooked dinner which was nice. Duck breasts with potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower. It was very tasty. I think I prefer duck legs, you get more meat. We h@d strawberries and cream for dessert and they were very nice. I weighed myself this morning, last Thursday I forgot. I wasn’t happy because I had gained 2.2 lbs in 2 weeks! I am going to have to try harder to loose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment