Friday 17 July 2020

Friday.

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing and had an egg for my breakfast with half a courgette sliced thinly and fried in butter. I packed 2 ryvita with marmite on for my lunch and then I dressed and made the bed. I hung out the washing and the bin men arrived to empty one of our bins, it’s 2 bin day. I got it and our neighbours in and got ready to go to work. First I had to pick the tomatoes in the greenhouse. It was already 17 degrees outside so very hot inside. After I had picked them the boss said I had better take the side shoots out and twist the plants up their strings. I got a whole bucket full of side shoots! I finished this at 9.30 and walked to the radishes and picked 45 bunches. I had my break around 10 sitting in the field, it was hot. Next I had to bunch carrots 🥕 we had to walk up and down the field finding the odd one we had missed. We finally managed to get 73 bunches. On the way back to the yard we had to stop for 24 cauliflowers. It was about 12.20 by then and I had to sow some lettuce seeds in trays in the greenhouse. I did my first tray and I began to feel awful! I sat outside for a few minutes and had some water. I started on the second tray and felt so bad I thought I was going to faint. I think I was overheated 🥵 and had not eaten enough because I felt sick as you do when we get over hungry. I sat outside again and suddenly felt really sick. I just made it to the toilet. I sat in the shed for a while till I felt well enough to drive home. By the time I got home I felt fine, H made me a coffee and also some mushroom soup. I haven’t done much all afternoon, I sat and read my book till 3 o’clock then I made a pot of tea, got the washing in and watered the tomatoes. After tipping point I had a bath, washed my hair and cooked dinner. We had quiche with potatoes carrots and broard beans. I have to work again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment