Saturday 25 July 2020

Saturday.

I didn’t get up till 6.30! H was already up but hadn’t made the tea or anything, he just sat there watching tv. As they said it was going to be very wet I didn’t bother to do any washing. I had egg and courgette for breakfast and we also had a coffee. We both sat about doing nothing much. H decided he wasn’t going to do his long turbo ride today which is when I get on with the housework so I thought I had better get dressed and get on with it. I vacuumed all through and also swept the kitchen floor and the toilet. I wiped down all the worktops and the kitchen cupboard doors. I did the stairs and H made me another coffee. Next I did all the ironing up to date and the phone rang. It was our daughter. She and her husband were biking along the railway track when her chain broke. They were only just past ours so she had rung to see if her dad could fix it. Yes. So they came round, he soon mended it with a spare link, we had a cup of tea and as it kept spotting with rain now and again they decided to cut their ride short, go home and walk their dogs instead. We had a cheese sandwich 🥪 for lunch with some tomatoes 🍅 from our garden and I carried on reading my book.. No 1 son rang, he is fine but was just off to work. This afternoon I made some raspberry buns. They have come out nice. I made plain buns but put a teaspoon full of jam in each bun case before adding the bun mixture. While they were cooking the jam all bubbled up into the mixture so they are all ‘shot through’ with jam. I had s shower and cooked dinner. We had fish cakes with potato wedges and broard beans, also a cup of tea. We watched Ninja warrior and now I have come upstairs to watch the cricket highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment