Thursday 16 July 2020

Thursday.

I got up at 5.50 and put on a load of washing. I had egg and courgette for breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed a lettuce and mayonnaise roll got my break at work with a bottle of water. I dressed, made the bed, hung out the washing and got ready to go to work. I had to go with Andy right away to pick broard beans. We had to have 4 x 8 kilo boxes and 3 boxes which contained even more. It took us to 9.45 to complete them. Andy went down for his break and I sat on an upturned box in the field and ate my roll. As soon as I had done I began to bunch beetroot. We had to have 100 bunches of purple ones and 30 bunches of golden ones. Andy had returned at some point. Next it was 6 bunches of radishes and 45 bunches of spring onions. By the time we had finished all that it was almost 12.30 so I did a bit more of my parsnip weeding till home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a banana, a slice of corned beef and a few home grown tomatoes. I got the washing in, we watched tipping point and I made a pot of tea. For dinner tonight we had chicken curry. I am working again tomorrow, it’s many years since I worked on a Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment