Thursday 9 July 2020

Thursday

H came in and woke me up at 6.27! I couldn’t believe I had overslept on a work day! I had courgette and an egg for breakfast with my mug of tea. I packed my lunch, cleaned my teeth, dressed and went to work. I had to go with Andy and we picked 59 bunches of carrots and a few broard beans for a customer. Then we picked 24 bunches of golden beetroot and 20 purple ones. We did a few cabbages and it was time for coffee break. I had my lunch with me so I sat on a box in the middle of the field. No sooner had I sat down when it began to pour with rain! I put all my wet weather gear on and finished my cheese and cucumber. Then I picked 20 bunches of spring onions and Andy came back from his break with another list. We had to pick another 26 bunches of carrots and 10 more bunches of beetroot. Andy had to go to cabbages next but I had to weed parsnips. I did that for nearly 2 hours till it was home time. The boss gave me my wages and and a cucumber and said he will see me on Monday. I forgot to say that Andrew brought me a huge tray of raspberries. They are so delicious.when I got home H was waiting for me and made me a coffee the minute I got in. Later we had a glass of wine. I had forgotten to get any meat out of the freezer so I took out some mince and put it in the conservatory in the hope it will thaw in time for dinner. We are having jacket potatoes with a meat sauce, mushrooms and peas. We will watch tipping point have our baths and then dinner. I haven’t any soaps this evening but it is the end of my serial, Tess of the D’Urbervilles, which I am looking forward to immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment