Thursday 18 April 2019

Work again.

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing and had tea and toast for breakfast. I packed my lunch, made the bed , dressed, hung out the washing and got ready to go to work. The boss was glad he had asked me to work because we were really busy. So first I finished the radishes in the greenhouse and only got 33 bunches. Then I joined Andrew on rhubarb. We had to have 24 x5kg boxes 1 x 3kg and 3 boxes for farmers market which had around 20 kg in them. When all that was done we went down and had our break. Next I walked to leeks and had to do 7 boxes, the men joined me and when we had our 7 boxes there were only a few left that had been lifted so we finished them (8 boxes) we took them to the yard and washed them and then packed them. When allthat was done it was 12.15 so I spent the last 45 mins clearing up radish rubbish and hoeing. When I left off the boss said he will see me next Wednesday. So I have a nice long break. On my way home I went to the butchers to get some meat for the weekend. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had 2 slices of corned beef and a current bun. H and I thought we would sit in the garden but there was a strong wind which made it too chilly. While we were pulling rhubarb 2 deer came through the hedge towards us, they were huge, almost the size of cows! I made a pot of tea and for dinner we had chicken breasts with beans Leeks, mashed potato and gravy. I washed my hair, got my washing in, dry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment