Thursday 11 April 2019

Thursday

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing and had a slice of toast for breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed , hung out the washing and got ready to go to work. I forgot to say, the first thing I did when I got up was weigh myself. 135.0 lbs. last week I was 135.6 lbs. so I lost about half a pound. I know it’s not much but I was so pleased because I have stayed the same for the last 3 weeks and thought I would again. When I got to work I had to pick 60 bunches of radishes and then weed the trays of leeks. After coffee break I had to fill a load of trays and pots and seed them all. 308 lettuce,308 sweet corn, 136 runner beans, 68 dwarf beans, 68 green courgettes and34 yellow courgettes. Then I had to pot 34 coriander and 102 basil 🌿. So all in all a lot of plants. When I got homeH made me a coffee and I had a couple of biscuits with it. My back is aching so I have just sat about all afternoon. I washed my hair and had a soak in the bath to ease my back. For dinner tonight we had Cornish pasties, potato wedges, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. I don’t have to work again till next Wednesday and it will be my only day next week because we still have nothing to harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment